Mission Lazarus is adding a K-6th grade bilingual (Spanish and English) private school to its already existing secondary school. Set to open in February 2022, the Academia Lázaro is seeking bilingual elementary teachers. Located in a rural ranching community outside of San Marcos, Honduras (Choluteca Department), the founders wish to establish a long-term K-12 educational option for the children in their community. They seek strong and effective educational leaders to drive the school’s initial growth and future expansion.
The successful candidates will be:
- Aligned with existing mission core values and beliefs
- Able to teach core elementary STEAM subjects of Math and Science and language arts in Spanish and English, using an interdisciplinary approach
- A strong proponent of international education
- Environmentally conscious and active
- Familiar with inquiry-based instruction
- Someone who is a lifelong learner and has a love of teaching
- Caring, compassionate, and nurturing to promote student social and emotional development
- A high energy person with enthusiasm and passion for children
Experience as a teacher in elementary school private education is preferred. The chosen Candidates will be people that are mission-driven with a desire for challenge, as you will be charged with developing the formative educational tools for this school. Availability part-time as of January 1, 2022 will be advantageous.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Housing and transportation options are also available. Credentials will be reviewed as they are received.
Please submit a resume, a letter of interest including a personal statement detailing your educational philosophy, and a list of references to be contacted during the shortlist process.
The Independent School Performance Group