In Feb 2022, an established Christian mission in Central America added a K-12 academic and vocational bilingual (Spanish and English) private school to its mission outreach to serve its community better and to provide equitable access to students of all aptitudes. Unique to the region, our mission is seeking a Head of School to lead Lazarus Academy, which exceeds national learning standards and strives for excellence in all areas of teacher instruction and student learning. Located in a rural ranching community outside of San Marcos, Honduras (Choluteca Department), this Christian mission-based school seeks a strong and effective educational leader to lead the school’s initial growth and future expansion.
The successful candidate will be:
- Aligned with existing mission core values and beliefs
- Committed to a Christian values based educational philosophy that includes development of social and emotional wellbeing
- An educator who is a current Head/Principal, Assistant Head, or Academic Dean in a private school environment
- A strong proponent of STEM or STEAM education
- An educator with an international world view
- A person with Spanish and English language skills
- Advanced in the knowledge of inquiry-based, multi-disciplinary, project based education
- A demonstrated leader of faculty and staff
- A high energy person with enthusiasm and passion for children
Experience as an administrator and educator in Christian private education is preferred. The chosen Candidate will be a high-energy, enthusiastic leader who will support the implementation of the Founders’ mission and vision. Experience with new school start-ups or school grade expansion is an asset. A strong working knowledge of elementary and middle school education is required. Availability as soon as is possible as the school year is currently underway. (Lazarus Academy runs on the national school calendar, which commences in February and ends in November.)
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Housing and transportation options are also available. Credentials will be reviewed as they are received.